February 22-27 2016
Organizing Authority: International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association.
Hosts: North American Central Lakes Region
Primary site: Central Lakes Region
All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority, the Bylaws of the IDNIYRA as stated in the sections IDNIYRA Regattas, Racing Rules, the DN Official Specifications, the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the NOR,(except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and the Sailing instructions.
As modified in the ByLaws the Regatta will have 14 races scheduled per fleet.
Cancellation of races in one fleet shall not affect races in another fleet. There shall be three fleets. After 5 races are completed, the points for each yachts poorest race ( including DNS, DNF and DSQ) will be eliminated from Scoring. After 12 races are completed, the points for each yachts second poorest race (including DNS, DNF and DSQ) will be eliminated from scoring, with the exception that, following a hearing, the protest committee may, at its discretion, award a score of DNE to a disqualified yacht that has been found to have dangerously violated NIA Rules Part IV, Sailing Rules, and this race shall not be eliminated from scoring. The next worse score shall be eliminated.
Races shall be sailed under the rules of the National Iceboat Authority and those of the IDNIYRA.
All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the DN official specifications and who’s skippers meet the requirements of the bylaws of the IDNIYRA as stated in sections IDNIYRA Regattas are eligible to enter and race in the championships.
- A. All participants shall provide proof of $300,000 personal liability at time of Registration.
- A. THE primary site is in the North American Central Lakes Region.
- B. Site and Headquarters information will be posted on the DN America Forum.
ENTRY, DEADLINE AND FEE
- A. Each skipper shall register on: ice.idniyra.org
The Entry fee shall be paid in U.S. Dollars.
- A. The entry fee is $110.00 (USD) if paid prior to December 31, 2015.
- A. The entry fee is $150.00 (USD) if entered after January 1, 2015.
- A. No entry fee will be accepted after the close of registration (refer to schedule
- A. Novice DN racers may enter the Regatta with the payment of two years
association dues. No other event registration payments shall apply.
- A. A sailor shall be classified as a Novice if: that person has never
belonged to the IDNIYRA, or their membership has lapsed for 5 or more
years. A Novice must comply with all other entry requirements.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
> December 31, 2015—deadline for early entry
> January 1, 2016 ——-double entry fee becomes effective
> February 17, 2016 9:00 EST primary site info to be posted on DN America
> February 21, 2015 5:00 pm To 9:00 pm local time Final DN North American
Championship REGISTRATION and CHECK IN in at headquarters listed on DN
America Forum. Late phone check in registration information to be listed
on the forum.
> Opening Flag ceremonies follow registration
> February 22, 2016 first race at time stated in sailing instructions.
> February 26, 2016 racing is concluded unless 3 races in each fleet have not
been completed by sundown Friday, racing shall continue until sundown
on February 27, 2016.
1. Sailing instructions to be available to all competitors at time of final
1. PRIZES shall be awarded at race headquarters at 7:00pm at race
headquarters after the regatta is completed.
- A. Prizes shall be awarded for first thru Tenth place in each fleet, Top Grand Master,
Top Master, Top Senior, Top Junior and Top Novice.